Monday, August 4, 2014

An H&M experience

I am one of those who do believe a lot in smart shopping, and when it comes to that, I constantly go shop for the latest trends that are well known to last for few months at H&M.

I am sure that the shop doesn't offer the best quality in town but its collection comes helpful when you feel like wearing something new for one eve, one day, or just few times over summer.

What I am about to discuss here has nothing to do with their garment quality. What I am going to tell you about is an experience I had this last Friday on the 1st of August 2014, at their Kaslik branch in Lebanon.

Around 7.30 p.m. I asked my mother if she would  accompany me shopping. I did not require something specific but I felt like I needed something new.

We arrived to H&M in Kaslik at around 7.45 p.m. and started to look around.

The first surprising thing I noticed was that all the hanged garments were wrinkled which would not be eye catching to the customers; as such, I walked by watching everyone walk away from those stands.

The Sales Associates were everything but associate!!! In fact, shall you need to know if they have another size of this pants, skirt, top or blouse it would be better that you search the whole shop for it either than request any help because they most probably would answer as follows "If you can't find the required size hanged then it is not available", all of this and while next to the fitting room, you would notice a whole pile of cloths where you might find the item you want, in the size you  need!!! I suggest you search there because most probably you will find it.

The phase of finding what I needed ended and it was now time to pay, a time that defines another burden at H&M: one cashier for all the customers, of all sections (men, women and children)  of the shop! One Cashier! And it was August 1st, most of the people had got their salaries and were shopping. The shop was full, more than 20 persons standing inline to pay and each was holding at least 5 items. And, above all there, was the "Buy 2 get 1 Free" offer. As a good girl, I stood in line and waited . The wait  was getting longer, the line was getting longer, and we still were not moving.

Well, obviously, one cashier was not able to handle alone that much of people. 

Everyone requested another cash counter to be opened to facilitate the payment and, following several shouts for help, and babies cries and pissed people, the management decided to open the 2nd one. Now here comes the chaos! People started moving from all sides to find the first place in the line while almost fighting with each other! I looked around and asked myself: is this really an international chain shop that probably should be following the rules and regulations of a multinational company? It seems that we only have here the shop in terms of brand: name and maybe cloths, but definitely not the service.

Today, I am sad to announce that last Friday was for me the end of the shopping era at H&M Lebanon.




No comments:

Post a Comment